You are not connected. Please login or register

Honor Guard: Current Events

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Honor Guard: Current Events on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:21 pm

ShiroWhite

Guild Master
Attention HG as you may or may not know we've been going through a lot of changes with the guild recently. I've personally seen a lot of fellow players step away from the game for various reasons. Great players, players I still want to call friends. We've been doing this for a long time and we've seen what works and what does not. We take the values and opinions of our friends and guildies and we instill them into the guild's persona.

Up to this point I/We felt there was always a general consensus on certain topics.
I'm not going to go into too much detail but when it came down to things such as undercutting, begging, or negativity generally the majority of us were on the same page.

With every guild interview we do while recruiting players we try to look for some core ideals. We poke and prod to find out if they share common attitudes and if they'll be a good fit with you guys. We keep the current state of the guild in mind and we try to keep up a consistent image for the name Honor Guard. Whether they're honest or not in their interviews usually bleeds through within a few days.

Maybe you're reading this and saying to yourself "Hey Shiro it's a game, what the heck are you talking about?" At the end of the day you're your own person and you can do as you please but what we're talking about here comes down to your character out of game and in game. When I refer to character I'm not talking about your Level 23 Nord in Skyrim or your Lv64 Evie in Vindictus. I'm talking about your character, the person that you portray online. This is the internet and yeah Honor isn't something the first thing we think about when downloading a random album that we probably spent less than 4 minutes trying to find. However back to the topic at hand we're trying to build a community together in game to keep the game enjoyable for like minded individuals. The name isn't just a name to some of us.

That being said I was told by an ex-guild mate that a large number of HG were taking advantage of an exploit in the game today. And members of the community have been using this exploit as early as December 15th. It's not yet determined what action Nexon will take but we can all safely assume they won't be banning anyone. However as a guild there's clearly members that feel vastly different about this exploit. We can't just turn a blind eye to it especially when we have players working hard to accomplish what the exploit can do in a matter of minutes. I do not want to see a large rift form between members over something so ridiculous, not after all our hard work.

I'm not going to lay out rules of do's and do not's however I'm going reiterate what we expect from the HG. In public and in private. Respect your fellow player. Give everyone a chance to prove themselves worthy of your respect and vice versa. Do what you can with what you have. Laziness will not be tolerated. The guild community is here to support each other. Take the time to individually speak with get to know your fellow HG. Get to know your admins we're here to make the guild better for you as well as the other HG next to you in battle. We're not here to make a quick buck off each other either. Be active, let us know you're still playing or at least alive!! Wear the HG name with honor and guard it.

Go HG! Past, present, and future.

( (
( -'.')
(,(")(")
~~I Stole Steve's Bunny.

2 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:53 am

pothemartial

Right on :o

I will see you guys when I return from China lol

Cheers

3 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:56 am

Whelan

I will admit I used the exploit a little bit on Sunday in order to help offset the cost of Party Feathers I was in need of (me and Lojan have different thoughts when it comes to using items such as Potions and Feathers).

Now that that's out of the way, after a momentary return over this past weekend its become apparent that the guild seems to be heading down a path that we all once considered to be wrong. Sorry Shiro but you should expected this part as soon as you saw I made a post here. One thing in particular that has come to my attention is that we now have gold buyers in the guild. This guild has always stood behind the skill of its members instead of their gear, this is part of the reason why some people have joined. For those that were around Saturday during the comments of gold buyers being kicked, yes it is true that was part of the reason for Famemonster being kicked from the guild.

As for all the members that haven't realized it, gold in Vindictus has no real use besides buying Potions and Feathers (if you use them). Besides those items the only other things to buy are only good for improving your characters appearance. Too many players in Vindictus have fallen into the belief that in order to be good you must have certain stats or certain gear, they are Imbeciles. I started doing all my Raids in public matches just to see if there were still good players out there that recognized this simple fact. To my surprise there were a few that did though there were still countless others that still couldn't figure it out so I went on a mission with my 12.8k atk and 6k def to try and change peoples minds. Many a times did I get kicked for not having high enough stats and on the occasions where the Host would let me stay others expected me to fail, god were they proven wrong.

Those of you that were here for the anniversary survival event and thought it was a cool idea or was crazy, that is how this guild was in the beginning. One of my first raids when I joined over a year ago was a 3 man naked Red Tyrant Raid back when Laghodessa had just been released. That was what this guild did, when Blood Lord was first released we had impromptu survival matches with no restrictions but to be the winner Blood Lord had to be defeated and you couldn't have died. As the guild has continued to grow since those days, it has become more of a "lets get it over with" mentality instead of "lets make it fun and challenging".

Now I realize the chances of going back to the way things were are slim, but if everyone just holds on to the simple mindset of looking for a challenge instead of looking for the easy route, the guild will continue to prosper as it has with out relying on exploits and hackers.

4 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:48 am

ShiroWhite

Guild Master
Oh man Whelan you nailed that on the head. I still have faith in the HG!!

( (
( -'.')
(,(")(")
~~I Stole Steve's Bunny.

5 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Lojan

Enforcer
who ever used the gold glitch, they characters got locked( the character they use the glitch) and i do not know for how long it will last

6 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Ruroka

Ban me i used it ;3

7 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:46 am

Sphaela

Ruroka wrote:Ban me i used it ;3

^This. I singlehandedly bought every white dye on the market. It was hilarious. Also made a +10 Teten staff for the heck of it, and finished my Fallen Angel set. I think my character has negative 100 million gold now. How could I possibly enjoy sitting there right clicking for so long? I dunno. Partly because I've put up with this game for a full year, watching every update make it steadily worse, and partly because I spent a bit of that time making this.

8 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:51 am

Feathery

Sr. Moderator
This is how I truly know I've been away from the game for too long. Gold glitch?? o.O

9 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:33 am

xJac

@Fae There was a mistake on the number. You can buy 1 flour for 20 gold, and resell for 50 gold; instant doubling the gold; and if you do it in mass..... yea, easy money.

@someone else
I don't know if you're doing it on purpose (you know who you are), but you're really pissing the admins off.

10 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Whelan

xJac wrote:
@someone else
I don't know if you're doing it on purpose (you know who you are), but you're really pissing the admins off.

Well I'm not sure what your talking about, hope you're not referring to me. Then again for the most part I could care less what others here think about me since I am who I am and nothing anyone here says will change that, the exceptions know who they are as they are the ones that have seen most of my real self.

11 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 pm

xJac

Not talking about you whelan.....

12 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Whelan

xJac wrote:Not talking about you whelan.....

damn. kinda disappointing to hear, but hey that means I've still yet to make it to the line Whip

13 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:05 pm

xJac

Yep, you gotta try harder.

14 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Ruroka

whos xjac talking about o.o

15 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Whelan

Ruroka wrote:whos xjac talking about o.o
no clue

16 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Breannenn

Sphaela wrote:
Ruroka wrote:Ban me i used it ;3

^This. I singlehandedly bought every white dye on the market. It was hilarious. Also made a +10 Teten staff for the heck of it, and finished my Fallen Angel set. I think my character has negative 100 million gold now. How could I possibly enjoy sitting there right clicking for so long? I dunno. Partly because I've put up with this game for a full year, watching every update make it steadily worse, and partly because I spent a bit of that time making this.

I almost have half the mind of kicking you right now... My fury over the guild's use of the exploit has now peaked. Thank you.

17 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Noxars

-sigh- people, really, what's the point of playing a game if you cheat?

18 Re: Honor Guard: Current Events on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:29 pm

pothemartial

Noxars wrote:-sigh- people, really, what's the point of playing a game if you cheat?
Yeah I agree with ya, cheaters make the game much less fun. The idea of using this way to gain good advantage on gears (over other legit players) and getting away from it is driving more people going down this harmful path.

P.S. Just put it here, I have perfect alibi in such madness. I didn't get to play at all because my finals and vacation plan. LOL well you know I wouldn't do that anyway.

Rock on

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum