You are not connected. Please login or register

Event ~ You ARE My Valentine!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

26 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Feathery

Sr. Moderator
Lojan wrote:i think we should go with ch 150 tag and end of the day we end up with more than 1 players, we should go with player who have more tag as the winner

I don't want the game to last a day. That would really decrease the epic-ness of the scale. Think of it as a survival game. You want to hunt while being hunted... and as days progress we can cheer our players on.

27 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Feathery

Sr. Moderator
ePiKnight wrote:
But that just isn't the case... Lets say hypothetically that Scott and I pull each others names *randomly*. I eliminate him but he had me, so then I have myself and the game ends, at least for me. The same thing happens if I have your name, you have scott's name, and scott has my name. I take you out (and thus i now have to take out scott), and he takes me out... but I have his name. Thus, he has his own name and the game ends. Explain how it isn't possible?

I've played this game quite a few times irl >_>...

I'm sorry to have confused you ePiKnight! I'm also delighted that you've played this game irl! I played this as well when I was graduating out of High School for our senior games. +best It's fun isn't it? I made really some unforgettable memories when playing this. =)

Also, I hope I cleared this up with an earlier post on how multiple circles won't be made as long as rules are followed.

28 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:01 am

Lojan

Enforcer
ok guys let the sign up begin

29 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 am

Wyvern69

I still see a potential problem. Say if I want to avoid being hunted, I simply stay in another random channel- say 69 to avoid being found. And since tags are only valid in 150, I can't be tagged even if my assailant follows me to ch 69, and thus I'm safe. And now let's say I find out my own target is afk in ch 150. I pop in, say the phrase, screenie it, and then poof back to ch 69. Thus I can snipe my target and still avoid getting hit myself.

Thoughts on this?

30 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:56 am

Feathery

Sr. Moderator
Wyvern69 wrote:I still see a potential problem. Say if I want to avoid being hunted, I simply stay in another random channel- say 69 to avoid being found. And since tags are only valid in 150, I can't be tagged even if my assailant follows me to ch 69, and thus I'm safe. And now let's say I find out my own target is afk in ch 150. I pop in, say the phrase, screenie it, and then poof back to ch 69. Thus I can snipe my target and still avoid getting hit myself.

Thoughts on this?

Honestly, I'm ok with this. I think the assailant will one way or another have to make their way back to 150 if they wish to catch anyone. They could hide, but this will not help them in moving forward in the game.

Also, as the game progresses and I feel like the game is not really progressing in a steady pace, I'll make amendments to move it along.

31 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:52 am

Whelan

Wyvern69 wrote:
Feathery wrote:
Spoiler:
Whelan wrote:Sounds fun but I see one minor problem: If the target doesn't know who's after them technically anyone signed up could just go up to them and say the line and they'd think they were out (not saying anyone would do this in this Guild). With this possibility in mind how would someone know for sure that they were really out?

Some type of way might need to be set up to track everyone's progress, possibly using the forums and participant's would post a SS showing proof especially for when afk'ers get targeted and may not see the message to pass on their valentine.

Hmm. Are you saying people would go up to people who are not their target and do this? I'd like to think that people here wouldn't do something that under-handed. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt. In the end, this can always be tracked back to the master list, so people shouldn't be able to get away with this.

However, if this is truly a concern, I could make it a rule that everyone must notify me with a screen shot once they've caught a target. When I say "notify me", I mean send me proof in via forum mail.

Depending on how many people sign up, I'll see if this rule is necessary. If the circle is small, it could be easily tracked. If I get a lot of participants, then this rule may be put into place. =)

Honor is in our guild name. I sure hope no one cheats in this game like that.

Else I'll deliver the PIMPHAND OF JUSTICE Kill IT!

The intent of my comment wasn't quite clear, causing some misinterpretation. I never meant anyone would intentionally "lie". I posted that with limited time to thoroughly explain at the time and provided Fae with the full meaning later as I was haiving issues posting here on my phone.

For those interested:
Spoiler:
The "Lie" was meant in the way that due to the log length of general chat an AFKer could have been Valentined and not realize it. This could create an accidental lie if the previous mentioned AFKer Valentined their target not knowing they we're actually out, the person that had the AFKer as a Valentine might have had to log off before they returned. Also in another possibility the person who Valentined the AFKer in the first place would probably be asking the AFker on return for their target and with the AFKer not being able to see that they were Valentined might try to accuse the Valentiner as either a "Liar" or just think they are trying to find out if they are their target.

32 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 am

Feathery

Sr. Moderator
Whelan wrote:
For those interested:
Spoiler:
The "Lie" was meant in the way that due to the log length of general chat an AFKer could have been Valentined and not realize it. This could create an accidental lie if the previous mentioned AFKer Valentined their target not knowing they we're actually out, the person that had the AFKer as a Valentine might have had to log off before they returned. Also in another possibility the person who Valentined the AFKer in the first place would probably be asking the AFker on return for their target and with the AFKer not being able to see that they were Valentined might try to accuse the Valentiner as either a "Liar" or just think they are trying to find out if they are their target.

Whelan, you're really thinking too much and making it more complicated than it is. Always screenshot, and come talk to me if you think someone is "lying". Lying, after all, is against the rules. An unintentional lie isn't really a lie. It's just a misunderstanding. If your target is afk, let me know and let them know. Send them an in-game mail if you must so that they check it after returning back into the game. All of this can be easily corrected.

Also, if you have been afk, it should be common sense to check that you weren't tagged while you were gone.

33 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Whelan

I just posted that for those other than you to see what I meant before you added the rules section. And as i mentioned if your AFK long enough you may not be able to look back far enough through general chat to see that you were tagged, which is why I recommended needing the rule for posting a SS of tagging AFKers.

34 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:55 pm

Lojan

Enforcer
ok let the siging begin

i will sign up first

35 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 am

Whelan

Lojan wrote:ok let the siging begin

i will sign up first

That's because Fae's making you sign up

36 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:43 am

Shirotenshi da Neko

Laugh
sits in sideline to watch the mayhem
Gasp

37 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Lojan

Enforcer
Whelan wrote:

i will sign up first

no choice. don't want to see fae angry face

38 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Whelan

Lojan wrote:
Whelan wrote:

i will sign up first

no choice. don't want to see fae angry face

They say that her angry face can turn all into ashes.

39 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:25 pm

SireKaine

Puppy is willing to give this corroboree a whirl around.
(Strewth, I've nowhere to go or anyone to see...)down

G'onya to ya, Fae, for thinking of such an idea. Woo!

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1751014/S_S_A_Ruxandra_Darkvela

40 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Breannenn

sign me potentially up

41 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:14 am

ForsakenHope

I'm in. This sounds fun.

*eyes Sev* You too buddy!
If Fae can make Lojan, can I make you?

42 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 am

Sev

Count me in. Blush

Its the sex ruum mannn.
http://livestream.com/sevssexyfuntime

43 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:20 am

ForsakenHope

Sev wrote:Count me in.

TY baby!

44 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:50 am

Whelan

Will be funny when Sev or Erin gets the other's name. will be the quickest tag.

45 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:04 am

ForsakenHope

Whelan wrote:Will be funny when Sev or Erin gets the other's name. will be the quickest tag.

Gonna avoid him like a Pro! No eye contact!

46 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:40 am

Feathery

Sr. Moderator
Really happy to see people signing up. It really makes a difference if more people participate. Try to spread the word and get them to join! =)

47 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:02 am

Artillator

I will kill everyone with love, sign me up: Taoren

48 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 am

KenjiMuto

Count me in!!!!!

49 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:37 pm

ePiKnight

Dunno whether I've officially signed up yet or not, but I'll go and get pwned, no problem.

50 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:06 am

Feathery

Sr. Moderator
ePiKnight wrote:Dunno whether I've officially signed up yet or not, but I'll go and get pwned, no problem.

Or you could be the one doing the pwning. +best

Also guys, please indicate your IGN, so I know which character to mail your "Valentine" to. If you sign up and do not indicate your IGN, I will send it to your main character listed in your introduction/forum name.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum