You are not connected. Please login or register

Event ~ You ARE My Valentine!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1 Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:18 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
You ARE My Valentine!

The season of romance is quickly approaching. Some lucky few may have just the person in mind to share this special holiday with, while some others shrug off the idea completely. However, I am here to ensure that you WILL NOT endure this Valentines Day without your very own Valentine! Whether you have a special someone to share this this day with or not, you can be sure that (should you choose to enter this event) you WILL have a special Valentine JUST FOR YOU!

Join this fun and hilarious event for a chance to win 10k NX and the title of HG Valentine King/Queen!


Be sneaky!~~~~~Be strategic!~~~~~Be the last man/woman standing!


How the Game Works:
Each participant will be assigned (at random) another participant as a their Valentine in secret. (It could be a guy or a girl. Gender will not matter.)
Participants will only know who their Valentine is, but WILL NOT know who they themselves are assigned to. However, as the game progresses, participants will begin to figure it out by deduction.
Participants must face their assigned Valentine in-game and type in public chat, "[Name], You ARE my valentine!" When this happens, their assigned Valentine is out of the game, and the participant will have their current Valentine's assigned Valentine as their new target. As a participant, you WANT to keep your Valentine a secret, because if your target knows who is after them, they will try their best to stay away from you!
The game will last until only 1 man/woman is left in the game, and that person will be crowned HG's Valentine King or Queen! Edit: The person with the most number of tags will also receive the same prize. =)



Still don't get it? Here is an example scenario:
Spoiler:
There are 5 participants in the game: A, B, C, D, and E.
A's assigned Valentine is B. B's assigned Valentine is C. C's is D. D's is E, and E's is A. It's a full circle.

Let's pick a random participant to follow the progression: A.

A must meet B one way or another so that he may face B and type, "B, you are my Valentine!" If this happens, B is out of the game. B will then tell A who his target was, and that person would be A's new target, who should be C (unless B had already caught C, making D A's new target).

As the game progresses, the circle of participants will only become smaller until there is only two people left. Whomever finds the other first and be the first to type "[?], you ARE my Valentine!" wins!
Edit: Sign Up by Feb 6, 2013
Initially, I wanted to assign a Valentine to every guild member. However, I want to make sure that you all know the rules and have read this post. For that reason, I am asking everyone who wishes to participate to post their IGN below.

After I have made my "master-list" of who is assigned to whom, I will give each participant an in-game mail with the name of their assigned Valentine. The mail will be sent to the IGN that you post below.




Last edited by Feathery on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:34 pm; edited 18 times in total


_____________________________________

 

2 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
RULES!

Once you have signed up, your ALTS would be targets as well! Participants ARE allowed to go up to their Valentine's alts and chant "[??], you ARE my Valentine!".

Stay in Ch. 150!
  1. Tags are ONLY valid in ch. 150 and in dungeons. Fishing Boats will be considered as dungeons.
  2. Boats that are readying up for departure to a dungeon are safe.
  3. Do not use NPC areas as a means of hiding. Try not to stay inside the inn/forge/etc longer than 5 mins.


Stay Honorable - Do NOT lie or cheat!
  1. You do not have to keep your Valentine a secret. However, you cannot LIE, and say that it is someone else. i.e. You cannot tell someone that he/she is your target if he/she is not.
  2. If you are caught, please abide by the rules and whisper to your assailant immediately who your target was. If the target is afk when this happens, the assailant must come to me or wait until the target responds! DO NOT assume from anyone else who your next target is!! Even if you are correct in your assumption and you catch them, this WILL NOT count UNLESS you have been given this information from your caught target or from me.
  3. While we understand that the game move you to the other channels automatically sometimes, you must return to 150. As members of Honor Guard, we trust that you will abide by this honor system. (This honor system applies to NPC areas)


Be Active!
  1. If you are AFK (away from keyboard), you will be vulnerable to attacks.
  2. We understand that people can't always play every day. However, we need you to be active. You are allowed a one-day leeway. Therefore, you must AT LEAST log in every other day for an hour or more to prevent from being disqualified.


Screenshot Your Attacks, and Post It on the Forums!
  1. Your screenshot will be your proof and voucher to proceed onto your next target. Until you post your screenshot on the FORUMS, your target will still be considered in the game. Post your screenshot IMMEDIATELY after a successful attack.
  2. Recorded videos are allowed as well. However, this must be uploaded to YOUTUBE and then posted on the forums.
  3. Screenshots/videos must show the following:

  • You are face-to-face with your target. The distance between the tow of you is within campfire distance. It is best if you two can be within arms-length to not arouse any debates.
  • In PUBLIC CHAT (white text area) you have typed: "[name], you are my valentine!"
  • You are in ch. 150 in-town or in a dungeon.

*I reserve the right and ability to change the dynamics of the game if I feel that the game is not moving forward. This may include asking participants to join me in a raid or meet me somewhere in-game, where participants will be vulnerable to attacks.*

Tactics and Strategies
Spoiler:
While the game itself is simple, winning it can be very very tricky! Alliances may be formed, and betrayals may happen. Who can be trusted? It is up to you to decide.

A mid-game strategy could be that once you realize who is targeting you, you might want to form an alliance with the person who is targeting them. If A is targeting B, and B is targeting C... C and A could help each other out. Person-A could find protection from Person-C, knowing that B would want to stay away from C. However for C, he knows that B will find ways to get to A. So, if C just stays close to A, he might find openings to get to B.

Be careful in forming alliances though! C may catch B without ever telling A. Now A has become C's new target, and if A isn't careful... he'll be caught and betrayed by his own alliance.
Have any more questions? Ask me. =)



Last edited by Feathery on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 26 times in total


_____________________________________

 

3 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Whelan

avatar
Moderator
Sounds fun but I see one minor problem: If the target doesn't know who's after them technically anyone signed up could just go up to them and say the line and they'd think they were out (not saying anyone would do this in this Guild). With this possibility in mind how would someone know for sure that they were really out?

Some type of way might need to be set up to track everyone's progress, possibly using the forums and participant's would post a SS showing proof especially for when afk'ers get targeted and may not see the message to pass on their valentine.

4 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Lojan

avatar
Enforcer
ohh gl who ever enter


_____________________________________

5 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
Whelan wrote:Sounds fun but I see one minor problem: If the target doesn't know who's after them technically anyone signed up could just go up to them and say the line and they'd think they were out (not saying anyone would do this in this Guild). With this possibility in mind how would someone know for sure that they were really out?

Some type of way might need to be set up to track everyone's progress, possibly using the forums and participant's would post a SS showing proof especially for when afk'ers get targeted and may not see the message to pass on their valentine.

Hmm. Are you saying people would go up to people who are not their target and do this? I'd like to think that people here wouldn't do something that under-handed. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt. In the end, this can always be tracked back to the master list, so people shouldn't be able to get away with this.

However, if this is truly a concern, I could make it a rule that everyone must notify me with a screen shot once they've caught a target. When I say "notify me", I mean send me proof in via forum mail.

Depending on how many people sign up, I'll see if this rule is necessary. If the circle is small, it could be easily tracked. If I get a lot of participants, then this rule may be put into place. =)



Last edited by Feathery on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total


_____________________________________

 

6 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
Lojan wrote:ohh gl who ever enter

Like it or not, you're entering. +best


_____________________________________

 

7 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Lojan

avatar
Enforcer
Feathery wrote:
Lojan wrote:ohh gl who ever enter

Like it or not, you're entering. +best

u cant force someone to enter. from when we have a hitler government


_____________________________________

8 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
Lojan wrote:
u cant force someone to enter. from when we have a hitler government

Lojan, you're entering. *gives you a stern look*
Or.. suffer the consequences of a sad Fae.

Besides, the more people that participate, the more fun the game becomes.


_____________________________________

 

9 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 pm

ePiKnight

avatar
Are the targets drawn at random? I've played similar games and often it turns into having multiple circles with multiple winners when they're drawn randomly.

10 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Wyvern69

avatar
Feathery wrote:
Whelan wrote:Sounds fun but I see one minor problem: If the target doesn't know who's after them technically anyone signed up could just go up to them and say the line and they'd think they were out (not saying anyone would do this in this Guild). With this possibility in mind how would someone know for sure that they were really out?

Some type of way might need to be set up to track everyone's progress, possibly using the forums and participant's would post a SS showing proof especially for when afk'ers get targeted and may not see the message to pass on their valentine.

Hmm. Are you saying people would go up to people who are not their target and do this? I'd like to think that people here wouldn't do something that under-handed. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt. In the end, this can always be tracked back to the master list, so people shouldn't be able to get away with this.

However, if this is truly a concern, I could make it a rule that everyone must notify me with a screen shot once they've caught a target. When I say "notify me", I mean send me proof in via forum mail.

Depending on how many people sign up, I'll see if this rule is necessary. If the circle is small, it could be easily tracked. If I get a lot of participants, then this rule may be put into place. =)

Honor is in our guild name. I sure hope no one cheats in this game like that.

Else I'll deliver the PIMPHAND OF JUSTICE Kill IT!

11 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Shirotenshi da Neko

avatar
Its basically assassins with valentine rules. kitteh kat cant participate cuz kat wont be online during valentines day~
down

12 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
ePiKnight wrote:Are the targets drawn at random? I've played similar games and often it turns into having multiple circles with multiple winners when they're drawn randomly.

Yes it is random. Multiple circles will not occur if everyone follows the rules. I will also keep track and cross people off my "master list" so that everything should be on track. +best


_____________________________________

 

13 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
Shirotenshi da Neko wrote:Its basically assassins with valentine rules. kitteh kat cant participate cuz kat wont be online during valentines day~
down

It should last for several days actually. I do not expect everyone to catch their Valentines in one day. The event will commence in the beginning of Feb and keep going until there is only one person standing. I expect it to last around a week, depending on how many people participate and how sneaky people become.


_____________________________________

 

14 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 pm

Wyvern69

avatar
As far as escaping our assailants, what are the limits for what we can and can't do to avoid being tagged?

15 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 pm

ePiKnight

avatar
Feathery wrote:
ePiKnight wrote:Are the targets drawn at random? I've played similar games and often it turns into having multiple circles with multiple winners when they're drawn randomly.

Yes it is random. Multiple circles will not occur if everyone follows the rules. I will also keep track and cross people off my "master list" so that everything should be on track. +best

But that just isn't the case... Lets say hypothetically that Scott and I pull each others names *randomly*. I eliminate him but he had me, so then I have myself and the game ends, at least for me. The same thing happens if I have your name, you have scott's name, and scott has my name. I take you out (and thus i now have to take out scott), and he takes me out... but I have his name. Thus, he has his own name and the game ends. Explain how it isn't possible?

I've played this game quite a few times irl >_>...

16 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Lojan

avatar
Enforcer
ePiKnight wrote:
Feathery wrote:
ePiKnight wrote:Are the targets drawn at random? I've played similar games and often it turns into having multiple circles with multiple winners when they're drawn randomly.

Yes it is random. Multiple circles will not occur if everyone follows the rules. I will also keep track and cross people off my "master list" so that everything should be on track. +best

But that just isn't the case... Lets say hypothetically that Scott and I pull each others names *randomly*. I eliminate him but he had me, so then I have myself and the game ends, at least for me. The same thing happens if I have your name, you have scott's name, and scott has my name. I take you out (and thus i now have to take out scott), and he takes me out... but I have his name. Thus, he has his own name and the game ends. Explain how it isn't possible?

I've played this game quite a few times irl >_>...

players dont draw the names and Host will be assigning the oppents for each player so there wont be mutuple circle as u mention.


_____________________________________

17 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Wyvern69

avatar
Scenario could still occur where he's "assigned" my name, and I have his name as well- by sheer dumb luck. If we tag either of each other, the other one is left with a moot target... what then?

18 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Lojan

avatar
Enforcer
Wyvern69 wrote:Scenario could still occur where he's "assigned" my name, and I have his name as well- by sheer dumb luck. If we tag either of each other, the other one is left with a moot target... what then?

lol.

When she assinging the oppents , she will make sure that dont happen.


_____________________________________

19 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:10 pm

ePiKnight

avatar
This is why I'm asking about it being *random*... if we're assigned targets (not randomly) by the admins, that's not the same because then it should be one big circle.

Considering she explicitly said it would be *random* (aka without human interference or using an RNG or something), that's why I ask.

20 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
Wyvern69 wrote:As far as escaping our assailants, what are the limits for what we can and can't do to avoid being tagged?

This is a good question and one that is not easily answered, because the list can really go on and on in terms of what can and cannot bet done.

To make things simple, here are a few things that you must abide by. Everything else is fair game.

Spoiler:
What You CAN or CANNOT Do:

  1. You do not have to tell people who your Valentine is. However you cannot LIE, and say that it is someone else. i.e. You cannot tell someone that he/she is your target if he/she is not.
  2. You must face your target when you chant the magic words. This means standing in front of them, not all the way across the room. This also means the target needs to also be facing you. The distance between you and the target should be no further than from one side of an in-town campfire to the other side. So, be careful with whom you share your campfire food with. XD
  3. Get your screen shot button ready, because that will be your savior and proof should your target deny being caught. It would also be handy to have a witness. Let me know via forum mail once you have caught your target, so that I can cross them off my list.
  4. If you are caught, please abide by the rules and whisper to your assailant immediately who your target was. If the target is afk when this happens, the assailant must come to me or wait until the target responds! DO NOT assume from anyone else who your next target is!! Even if you are correct in your assumption and you catch them, this WILL NOT count UNLESS you have been given this information from your caught target or from me.
  5. I will be following the progression of the game as it goes, and I may add obstacles or little mini changes in the rules to help the game along. This may include asking participants to join me somewhere in-game, making them vulnerable to attacks. Rest assured though, if I do this, it will be equally beneficial or detrimental to all participants.

Edit: I've added new rules to the first page. Please refer to that one.



Last edited by Feathery on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total


_____________________________________

 

21 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Lojan

avatar
Enforcer
let say we have 5 players for the contest.( lojan, fae, rei, scott and bid). on first draw lets say fae name came out, then on the 2nd draw we wont include fae name. we only drawing those 4 people and who ever come on 2nd draw[bid] will be fae oppent and on 3rd draw name[rei] will be 2nd draw name[bid] oppent and so on. who ever left in the end of the draw[scott] going to get fae as their oppents.



i hope it make sence. lol


_____________________________________

22 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
Lojan wrote:let say we have 5 players for the contest.( lojan, fae, rei, scott and bid). on first draw lets say fae name came out, then on the 2nd draw we wont include fae name. we only drawing those 4 people and who ever come on 2nd draw[bid] will be fae oppent and on 3rd draw name[rei] will be 2nd draw name[bid] oppent and so on. who ever left in the end of the draw[scott] going to get fae as their oppents.


i hope it make sence. lol

Yes, this is pretty much the idea. Basically, when everyone is signed up, I'll put them down in a list, and either use random-number-generator or a jumbling tactic that will mix it all up. I'll then pull one name after another, and that will be the "circle" of participants.

Like in the example I gave in the first post, if there are 5 participants, one will be assigned to another until it comes in a full circle.
A->B->C->D->E->back to A

As people are caught, these numbers will only dwindle, but there will still always be ONE circle. It will just get smaller and smaller.

There will be more than 5 people... >.> There better be. Also, I will not be participating, because that would make it unfair.


_____________________________________

 

23 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Wyvern69

avatar
Feathery wrote:
Wyvern69 wrote:As far as escaping our assailants, what are the limits for what we can and can't do to avoid being tagged?

This is a good question and one that is not easily answered, because the list can really go on and on in terms of what can and cannot bet done.

To make things simple, here are a few things that you must abide by. Everything else is fair game.

Spoiler:
What You CAN or CANNOT Do:

  1. You do not have to tell people who your Valentine is. However you cannot LIE, and say that it is someone else. i.e. You cannot tell someone that he/she is your target if he/she is not.
  2. You must face your target when you chant the magic words. This means standing in front of them, not all the way across the room. This also means the target needs to also be facing you. The distance between you and the target should be no further than from one side of an in-town campfire to the other side. So, be careful with whom you share your campfire food with. XD
  3. Get your screen shot button ready, because that will be your savior and proof should your target deny being caught. It would also be handy to have a witness. Let me know via forum mail once you have caught your target, so that I can cross them off my list.
  4. If you are caught, please abide by the rules and whisper to your assailant immediately who your target was. If the target is afk when this happens, the assailant must come to me or wait until the target responds! DO NOT assume from anyone else who your next target is!! Even if you are correct in your assumption and you catch them, this WILL NOT count UNLESS you have been given this information from your caught target or from me.
  5. I will be following the progression of the game as it goes, and I may add obstacles or little mini changes in the rules to help the game along. This may include asking participants to join me somewhere in-game, making them vulnerable to attacks. Rest assured though, if I do this, it will be equally beneficial or detrimental to all participants.

Everyone required to stay on ch 150, or can we vanish to other channels?

24 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Feathery

avatar
Sr. Moderator
I'm adding spoiler tags as reference to what has been said, but do not read them as "law" in how the game will be played. Sorry Lojan, I'm deleting the past two comments, but keeping them un-edited in the spoiler to not confuse people.

Spoiler:
Lojan wrote:
Feathery wrote:
Wyvern69 wrote:
Everyone required to stay on ch 150, or can we vanish to other channels?

You may go to other channels. =) However, you might have to wander back now and then to find your target, as they might to find their's.

i think u should stay on ch 150. othewise this game not gonna end

But how can we make sure people do this? The game itself will move people against their wishes. Also, if they are AFK, they may be automatically be moved without ever realizing it till they get back. Instead of fighting this freedom, I think it could be allowed, because there really is no way to prevent it.

Hmmmm... unless *brainstorms* I'm thinking as I type. =P

We COULD make it so that only tags in ch. 150 are valid!

I've thought about this ch. 150 issue since the first post, but I honestly couldn't think of a way around it till surprisingly just now. Thanks you two! Please refer back to the "Rules" post.



Last edited by Feathery on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total


_____________________________________

 

25 Re: Event ~ You ARE My Valentine! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Lojan

avatar
Enforcer
i think we should go with ch 150 tag and end of the day we end up with more than 1 players, we should go with player who have more tag as the winner


_____________________________________

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum